Biology is the scientific study of life. It is a natural science with a broad scope but has several unifying themes that tie it together as a single, coherent field. For instance, all organisms are made up of cells that process hereditary information encoded in genes, which can be transmitted to future generations. Another major theme is evolution, which explains the unity and diversity of life. Energy processing is also important to life as it allows organisms to move, grow, and reproduce. Finally, all organisms are able to regulate their own internal environments. A Biology laboratory is a room where biological studies, analyses and experiments are carried out. To make the study of Biology livelier, the school has a well-equipped Biology laboratory with microscopes, preserved specimens, slides, models and bio-visual charts which emphasis on developing scientific temper among students. In the Biology lab, the students are encouraged to learn through experiments and understand various concepts beyond their books away from the conventional classroom teaching. Observations and experiments make learning more interesting and fun. Students enjoy performing experiments as they learn something new from the results. Every student from class IX to XII gets a chance to perform the practical themselves under the supervision of the teachers. Salient features of our Biology lab is as follows:
· Biology Lab is well ventilated and is made as per the norms of CBSE.
· Practicals are demonstrated by the well qualified teachers.
· Every student is given an opportunity to conduct Hands on practicals.
· A lab assistant and lab attendant always assist the teacher during practicals.
· Audio-visual aids are available with smart board.
· Do’s and don’ts are properly displayed.
· First aid facility is always available as and when required.
· Students are given enough opportunity to enhance their talent in science by making models, charts, projects etc.
· Time to time science exhibitions, quizzes, seminars etc. are also conducted. Occasionally students of other classes (from VI to VIII) also make use of the Biology lab. For various activities related to general science, that helps them to learn new concepts of biology. Every year our Biology lab is furnished with the latest instruments, specimens, charts etc. Well-designed laboratories not only make science experiments fun but also help students in achieving good academic result.